We are Digital Artists, Technical Gurus and Experience Enthusiasts, committed to driving the innovations that will shape the future of marketing, sales + buyer engagement.
We look forward to hearing from you!
There's a collaborative openness at Modus that fosters leading-edge tech with a serious 'WOW' factor. Our teammates are smart, unique, digitally engaged and fun. You'll work with some of the best and brightest in the industry, and you'll be challenged to engage with your work in creative new ways. We love dogs too!
View our current opportunities below or say "Hello!" at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Representative
Reports To: Head of Revenue Operations
About Us | At Modus, we are committed to driving the innovations needed to shape the future of marketing, sales, and customer engagement through digital technology solutions. Our mission at Modus is the relentless pursuit of meaningful engagements between sellers & buyers. We are engaged in our work, life, and community, and we couldn’t be more excited for what the future holds.
If you have a closet full of fancy suits and ties, or enjoy big company politics, we’re probably not the right company for you. At Modus, we pride ourselves on our down-to-earth, midwestern sensible approach to business. We don’t sweat the small stuff. This enables us to be laser focused on building and selling great software that helps our customers improve the way they engage with their buyers.
About The Department | The Business Development organization will be anchored in the marketing department, that embodies a culture focused on the development, training and success of its team members, through a maniacal focus on people, process, and tools that all deliver demand at scale for Modus. We believe the Business Development team is a competitive differentiator for the business.
About The Role | Modus seeks a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Revenue Operations, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in identifying and driving engagement with new business prospects for Modus. Our BDRs research prospective target accounts, build personalized, creative outreach strategies to our key buyers, qualify engaged prospects and set meetings for our sales team. As a BDR, you will leverage various channels to open up conversations with prospects at target accounts. You'll use your business acumen to identify how Modus could help a business grow, but most importantly, understand, embody and deliver the Modus value proposition to create interest in our solution. This position offers a base salary and commission. Modus employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within the organization.
We believe in bringing your whole self to work. We are committed to building a diverse team and embracing an inclusive culture. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth startup and be a part of a founding demand gen team, we’re excited to chat with you.
- Leverage account-based prospecting strategies to initiate outreach to to our key buyers in our key segments.
- Understand and articulate the needs and challenges of our target prospects in your outreach.
- Adhere to our qualification processes to ensure all prospects fit our ideal customer profile (ICP).
- Schedule discovery/demo meetings with our Account Executives (AEs).
- Achieve your daily/weekly/monthly outbound activity goals.
- Qualify all inbound prospects and pass to AEs or nurture them.
Examples of Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated history of resilience, curiosity, optimism and a solutions-oriented mentality.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and written/verbal communication skills.
- A track record of overachieving against defined metrics.
- Confidence in picking up the phone and smoothly conversing w/ prospects.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and apply effective outbound prospecting strategies and techniques.
- A data-oriented approach with an aptitude for large data sets and numbers.
- A desire to win, doesn’t believe in settling, and finds motivation in temporary setbacks.
- Bonus Points for experience with Salesforce.com and other business development technologies like Hubspot, 6Sense, Outreach, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Vidyard, EveryoneSocial, etc.
- Demonstrative executive presence and ability to influence at all levels of the organization - proven success aligning key stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Sales Enablement.
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms.
What Makes Modus Special?
Modus is leading the way in pioneering what it means to be a post-pandemic organization that is focused on the health and satisfaction of its employees while maximizing value for our customers. We don’t always get everything right, but we adjust quickly to ensure that we are adopting a culture of continuous improvement. Speaking of culture, over ¼ of our employees are volunteer members of our Culture and Equality Committee that works closely with leadership to ensure that our values are not just words listed on our website but instead, are actionable values that are proudly shared with colleagues, customers, and our communities. Those core values are:
- Diversity: Actionably embracing differences
- Empathy: Compassionately validating individual perspectives
- Integrity: Interacting with honesty and accountability
- Collaboration: Communicating openly while working toward common goals
- Respect: Practicing inclusive gratitude and honoring everyone’s voice
Additionally, we've also established a code that we all follow:
- Get It Done
- Make Heroes
- Reward Success
- Build Trust
- No Assholes
- Base salary plus bonus
- Uncapped bonus - Accelerators for overachieving
- Benefits include 100% company subsidized healthcare, vision, dental and 401k with company match
Is Modus the right company for you? You'll be at a rapidly growing company with an unrelenting focus on making the best product possible for our customers.
You’ll challenge your skills while working with talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you while using the latest technologies. Your contributions will be a valued part of our collective success. The best ideas win. We are a flat organization where everyone wears many hats. We are looking for people that enjoy this setting and want to be part of our ongoing evolution and growth.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome you.
We welcome people of any race, skin color, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, identity, disability status, and self-identification.
We believe it’s possible for people of all viewpoints and persuasions to come together and learn from each other. We believe in the broad spectrum of the individual and collective experience and in the inherent dignity of all people. We believe that amazing things happen when people from different worlds and world views approach each other to create a conversation.