Closing the Gap between Sales and Marketing
by Orrin Broberg, on Oct, 26, 2015
There was a time when CRM was basically unattainable for SMBs. While organizations with big budgets to invest had expensive CRM systems, smaller businesses had to make due with less comprehensive tools.
With the advent of cloud-based storage and mobile access, CRM has become more important than ever. Mobile CRM access has been shown to boost sales team productivity approximately 15%. Does this mean that your sales team can perform 15% better?
Since When is CRM Exciting?
Last time I checked, nobody gets excited about CRM. You may have momentarily fallen asleep just by reading the acronym, but that's about to change! HubSpot's comprehensive CRM is a windfall for organizations with smaller budgets but big dreams. Did I mention that it's free? This is one step to get your entire sales and marketing teams on the same page to transform your business when it comes to better customer engagement and shorter sales cycles.
The central idea is that CRM when used properly, can, among many other things help to:
- Increase the number of new customers
- Build strong relationships with existing customers
- Shorten the sales’ cycle
How does this happen? All important information from emails, calls, and any other customer interaction is stored in the contact record. This "single source of truth" provides a clear picture of exactly where a prospect or customer is in their customer journey. This helps to inform what information and next steps would be of most relevance.
Enhanced communications between sales and marketing with specific information and appropriate materials helps to connect with the needs of each and every customer within their desired timeframe.
Recently, one of our customers connected the dots when they integrated their Modus with HubSpot. Follow-up information is sent to HubSpot and workflows are tailored to the specific content sent during face-to-face meetings. This new Smarketing cycle draws sales and marketing closer for continuous improvement.
Sales and marketing have an easier time providing valuable information to each other and responding to prospects and customers with an interface that is user-friendly and can be used with any smart device that they have on hand.
HubSpot’s Awesome CRM Updates
HubSpot offers marketers and organizations the latest technologies to make it easier to execute and measure marketing strategy efforts. At the #Inbound15 keynote (did you go!?), Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah announced HubSpot’s exciting new tools. Watch it here:
We're excited as the updates to CRM, specifically, make it easier for sales and marketing to align their efforts. A fresh new interface improves the user-friendly platform and provides additional functionality such as:
- A single, searchable, centralized database that is customizable to your business's needs. No matter where employees are located, they can search and add to the CRM database. This is vital for those sales team members out on the field or traveling. Information is updated in real time.
- An interface that tracks every interaction about prospects and current deals. Contact information and the customer’s stage in the buying cycle is stored in the CRM. Communications can continue without interruption to move prospects and customers through the pipeline.
- Data Autofill. You no longer need to search manually and enter information about a prospect. With HubSpot’s CRM, you enter the contact info, and other relevant data on their company is automatically populated.
- Sidekick for Business helps sales teams connect better with the right people, at the right time, and with the right message.
If you have yet to implement CRM in your business process, now is your chance. Even if you're using something else, you might want to give this a shot. HubSpot’s CRM is free. Entire teams can use it, unlimited. HubSpot allows users to interact as often as needed. This is a great feature for rapidly growing companies. As long-term customer relationships develop, and new prospects are added, additional communications, previous purchases, and future deals will be added to each contact. It grows with your business.
There are a lot of new things happening at HubSpot which you can check out here.
Share your thoughts below or tweet us @modusengagement.